Shows hosted by the North Hills Art Center include an Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony.
Artists calls for our shows posted approximately 5 weeks before show opening.
All shows are open to the public for viewing. Viewing and parking are free!
JANUARY: Private Show, North Hills High School, 2021
FEBRUARY: Winter Art Show - Where Love Dwells
(open to all, theme: each entry MUST incorporate the your idea of 'home' somewhere in the piece.
Benefits hello neighbor, 2021)
MARCH: Private Show, Pittsburgh Watercolor Society, 2021
APRIL: Regional Show: Inspired by Nature, Benefitting Beechwood Farms, 2021 (open to all, each piece must fit the theme: Inspired by Nature, runs through May)
MAY: Regional Show: Inspired by Nature, Benefitting Beechwood Farms, 2021
JUNE: Fire & Fiber Exhibit, 2021 (open to all, each entry MUST incorporate fiber and/or the use of fire somewhere in the piece.)
JULY: Art for Animals-Fundraising Art Show, 2021 - (open to all, animal theme-benefits tba)
Private Show, Miranda Pavelle (2020) - postponed
AUGUST: Private Show, Gloria Dufresne, 2021
Private Show, Town of McCandless-Recyclable Art Show (postponed, open to all, each entry MUST incorporate the use of recycled materials. Open to both children and adults.)
SEPTEMBER: Member’s Show, 2021 (open to members only, no theme)
OCTOBER: Crisis Center North Fundraising Show, 2021 (open to all, no theme)
NOVEMBER: Holiday Artisan Market (open to all, no theme)
Please note: this year, due to the cancellation of many local Artisan Markets/Craft Shows, our limited space, and in fairness to all of our artists, we will be screening applications. This will ensure inclusion of a wide variety of art/crafts and continue the high quality shopping experience of years past. In order to facilitate this, JPGS will be required at the time of application. Please understand this is only a spacing issue and hopefully only for 2020!!
DECEMBER: Enjoy time at home creating with family & friends!
**Traveling Art Gallery (Northland Library; open to all, no theme) - for 2021 tba
The following applies to shows hosted by the North Hills Art Center unless otherwise noted:
- Entry fee for members is $10 per piece, up to 3 pieces per show.
- Entry fee for non-members is $15 per piece, up to 3 pieces per show.
- Artisan Markets are ‘craft shows’ allowing only items handmade by the exhibiting artist. They are free for members to enter.
- Entered pieces are NOT juried into any exhibit, however, the NHAC reserves the right to refuse any piece for content. Prints accepted for non-juried shows only. (This does not apply to photography/digital art)
- The NHAC claims a 30% commission from the sale of any piece during the exhibit, whether sold by NHAC Staff or the artist. Commission rates differ with fundraising shows.
Gallery Form Show Tags Membership